Friday, September 22, 2017

Verification Failed: URL is not a valid routing destination

Configure Send to Connections :  Error-Verification Failed: URL is not a valid routing destination



The Document Center URL is this.
http://<<Server Name>>:45518/sites/DocumentCenter

Added "/_vti_bin/officialfile.asmx" into the above URL to make "Send to URL" which need to input while configuring "Send to Connections".

Now While configuring a "Send to connections" in "general Application Settings" on Central Admin of SharePoint 2013, 


 To remove this error you have to go to "DocumentCenter" Web Application mentioned in above URL Choose "Site Actions" | "Site Settings" | "Manage Site Features".

Activate "Content Organizer" Feature. After activating verify that the feature was really enabled. Under "Site Administration" there would be "Content Organizer Settings" menu entry should be there.





 Now Again click "Click Here to Test" in "Send to URL". Now It would show "Verification Successful".





Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Getting i:0#.w| as a prefix in emails In Nintex Workflow for sharePoint 2013

Getting i:0#.w| as a prefix in emails In Nintex Workflow for SharePoint 2013

I am using SharePoint 2013 and Nintex workflow.  When any email is received through Nintex workflow, the People names are displaying like this : i:0#.w|domain\name..

1. To fix this issue, you would need to create a "Workflow variable" of  type "Single Line of text".



2. After that add a new action of "Regular Expression" from "Insert Action" > "Operations" > "Regular Expression" before any " Send notification" Step.


3. Now Configure this "Regular Expression" Action.

 
 
The pattern which you have to use is : i:0#.w[|]



You need to specify name of "workflow variable" in "Store Result In" Section  which you created in step 1.

After that you can use the same variable in "Email Notification" Configuration Section.

 
 
 
 Now the full Name would be displayed of the Person.

Friday, March 17, 2017

Configuration Error : web.config ConfiSource





Everything on my end was working fine and suddenly I faced this issue while hitting my SharePoint Application. This was the below error which I was getting while hitting the app.



After going through some of the forums I got to know that one extra line has been added somehow in <appSettings> for key. When I removed this line, I was able to hit my application without any issue.


Incorrect:
<appSettings configSource="AppSettings.config">
<add key="aspnet:UseStrictParserRegex" value="true" />
</appSettings>


Correct
<appSettings configSource="AppSettings.config">
</appSettings>