Note : Embedded timelines are not subject to traditional Twitter API rate limits, and are designed to scale with your site as your traffic and audience grows.
A new web part from Virto Software (news, site) has just been released that will enable users to aggregate posts from Twitter and RSS feeds and place them on SharePoint pages all in a single view with a display that can be easily customized. The new web part is already available from Vitro and costs US$ 295 per licence/server.
- Support for RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0 and ATOM feeds
- Single view information aggregation
- Real time feed update using AJAX
- Native Twitter API support and Twitter status control from SharePoint
- Administrator-defined access permissions
- Use OATH Protocol for Twitter
XML Viewer Web Part
AMREIN ENGINEERING – Free ( Compatible with WSS 3.0, MOSS 2007, SharePoint 2010, and SharePoint 2013).
The Twitter Enterprise Web Part does not have the 150 request/hour limit imposed by Twitter and also supports SSL.
CODING STAFF ( Compatible with WSS 3.0, MOSS 2007, SharePoint 2010). Requires .Net Framework 3.5
- Post tweets directly from your SharePoint portal.
- Show user's time line.
- Show friend’s tweets.
- Select which user’s lists to display on the web part’s front-end.
- Show twitter search results (define a search query for a topic-specific time line).
- Caching result tweets option.
- 6 awesome skins for your unique style.
Creating Custom Web Part with new API V1.1 ( Old API V1 has been retired in 2013)
We can create our own custom web part, but we need "consumerKey, consumerSecret, accessToken, accessTokenSecret" with your own key details and run he application. For this we need to create an application on https://dev.twitter.com/apps.
C# Code Examples which can be helpful to code and Debug the code.